Sunday, April 22, 2012

Meeting with Gymnasium No.2 Student Council

We landed in Odessa mid-morning on Thursday, dropped our bags at the hotel, and then went to the school for the welcome you saw in the last post. In the afternoon we met with the entire Student Council (really three different divisions of Forms - what we call Grades) for them to tell us something about themselves & their school. They then asked us questions about schools in the United States.




They shared about a charity they recently had a fundraiser for called "Children Help Children."
Another young man said that he & his friends play the following sports: futbol, badmiton, volleyball, cricket & basketball.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Derybasivs'ka St,Odesa,Ukraine

3 comments:

  1. These students' appearances and their variety of topics sound like this is a pretty impressive school. From what I have seen here in Simferopol, the quality of both students and teaching is extremely high. Hope you have a chacne to get out and see some of Odesa -- d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a STUCO sponsor at my school, I'd love to visit with STUCO kids at my host school. That would be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had asked my host teacher about clubs several times & expressed interest in attending something related. She kept telling me they didn't have clubs, but then this meeting showed up on the schedule. It might be worth mentioning to your host teacher.

      Delete