Friday, February 17, 2012

Ukraine Group Countdown!

The TGC Global Symposium has been a great experience to far. I arrived yesterday afternoon and had a little down time; after the craziness of this week I had promised 4th AC SS on Wednesday that I would take a nap once I finally made it to DC!

I had dinner with fellow participants and my principal, Dr. Downs. I'm enjoying getting to know him better. LMMS is so fortunate to have him! After dinner I moved to another table and enjoyed conversing with several participants over dessert. I was a little bummed that I didn't meet any members of the Ukraine group last night and that my roommate did not arrive until late last night. So, I didn't do any exploring yesterday as I know better than to walk around DC alone at night! That last comment is for all of you who worry about me roaming alone into all sorts of places being my nomadic self. :)

Today I met with a group of fellow social studies teachers to review work samples for global comptetencies. There then was a luncheon where I sat at a table with an IREX staff member. Over lunch I got many of my questions answered, or somewhat anwered. Me with questions?!?! Just being me.....

In a few short minutes I get to meet the entire group going to Ukraine for the first time! I did start my big "blog post"  introduction to this entire program on the plane yesterday but will have to finish it up before posting here.

For now, I keep reading the pages before me and head out to meet the folks I will explore Ukraine with!

No comments:

Post a Comment